Thursday, January 17, 2013

Infinity Scarf

One of my newest loves....scarves!! I've been developing my style lately, and I have a story on that for another day. Anywho, along with my style and this CRAZY cold weather, I've developed an affinity for scarves. Thick, pretty, warm, scarves. Especially the Infinity Scarf look, as shown below from Pinterest.

Being a knitter, I decided to create my own infinity scarf pattern! I looked up "lacy stitches" in my book "The Complete Guide to Needlework", or something close to that. I found the delightful Turkish Stitch :)

Therefore, with my knitting needles and yarn, I went to work making this pattern.

With size 13 needles and two strands of worsted weight yarn, cast on 18 stitches.

Round 1: Yarn over, slip first stitch, knit one stich, psso. Repeat Round 1 until scarf reaches desired length. Cast off using the k2tog method. Using the mattress stitch or invisible seam, sew together the two ends to make an infinite loop.

There you have it! The infinity scarf :)


***Note*** for the pattern I created, you can use any size needles and yarn, this is just what worked for me. Depending on how thick or thin you want the scarf depends on how many stitches you cast on (more or less stitches).  Just be sure you always use an even number of stitches so that the Turkish stitch works correctly. This scarf also looks great when left as a regular, open scarf, and tassles on the ends are quite adorable.

** If you do make this pattern, it is not copywrited. But if you make this scarf with the intent of selling it, I ask that you give the proper credit for the pattern. **

Love,
   Simply Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment