Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes!!

        Hey y'all! I'm back in the blogging swing, a new laptop and a new year of crafts has provided - at long last - the return of my blogging inspiration. I have several crafts in progress, and as of late have rediscovered the usefulness of Pinterest. :)
        Here, I would like to share with you my daily experiences, decisions, the crafts and handmade wonders of my life, and sometimes even just wacky stuff. Today what spiked my blogging inspiration was...of course....a Pinterest Project!!
                   
                     I made....Mini Chicken Pot Pies!! Except with a homemade heart's twist.
 
Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes
(I like Mini Pot Pies a LOT better as a name, just saying).
 
Ingredients:
 
* 2 cups diced chicken breast (I used turkey breast, as that's what I had on hand)
* 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
* 1 cup mixed vegetables
                or
    * 1 cup frozen corn
    * 1 cup finely chopped carrots
    * 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 t. dried thyme
* 1 t. dried basil
* dash onion powder, dash garlic salt
* Simply Jenn's Basic Biscuit recipe, or if short on time/resources, 2 (10 oz) cans Pillsbury biscuits
 
Preheat you faithful oven to 400*. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable shortening, making sure not a single crease has been left out. If you have the time and you want to, mix together my basic biscuit dough in a medium bowl, being careful not to knead the daylights out of it. Roll the dough into twelve balls with your hands, ooey gooey hands, and flatten each ball with your fingertips into the shape of a flat circular disk. Press the sucker into the muffin tin on the bottom and up the
sides, such a cute little pie shell!
 

 
In a small bowl, stir together the veggies, chicken breast, and seasonings - adding some other yummy herbs and what not if ya like. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, and mix it up!
 
                                              
 
Using a spoon, scoop the gooey mess-ture into the cute little biscuit shells until all the mess-ture has been used and each little shell is filled up with goodness.

 
Slide the delishous-looking tray of yummy into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuit shells are nice and crispy, the filling not too-too gooey.
 

Let the little pies rest for 3 minutes, then dish up and enjoy!!
 
Aren't they cute??
 
 
Hope ya enjoy these little bits of heaven :)
 
Love,
   Simply Jenn


3 comments:

  1. These were a tasty and welcoming treat after my long day in class. I see these again in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I would love to feature these and show them to my readers at RecipeLion. Please let me know if you are interested and thanks for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fine with me :) I've checked out RecipeLion before, I enjoy the website. You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete