Friday, August 20, 2010

Need a Hero?

Need a Hero?


I don't know bout y'all, but lots of times I feel like I need a hero. What do we think of when we hear the word hero? Many think of knights in shining armor...someone who saves the day...someone AMAZING. I used to think I needed a guy to be my hero, to think I'm amazing and pretty and special-someone who's truly amazing.
     But I've come to realize that having some guy think I'm special is nothing-I repeat, NOTHING-as important or totally amazing as having God be my Hero. Only He can give me eternal life...only He can make me shine brighter than the sun within...and realize that only He can make me truly happy.
 I needed to take a step back...pray...evaluate...and ask God to be my Hero.


     Is God your Hero? If not, I assure you that God will hold you when in need, wipe away your tears, and make you shine brighter than the sun from within-from your heart.
"Hero" by Skillet was a great help in making me realize that I needed God to be my Hero.
~Simply,
     Jen
     

No comments:

Post a Comment