Monday, August 16, 2010

My Jesus

Here's one of me when we were in Arkansas, on Free Day =). Behind the wall I'm sitting on, in a 30 foot drop-pretty average for Arkansas. I have a handful more, but I'm using a different computer and those pictures aren't loaded onto this one yet. While in Arkansas, I learned some things. I learned about patience, working hard and doing your best even when you feel lower than snot, and about how I need to surrender things to God more instead of holding onto them myself, thinking I can do it when I know I can't. God has shown me things on that trip that I won't forget, and each night when I pray, I confess to Him all my shortcomings, the things I've done wrong, give Him praise, and lift up those I know for guidance and strength. I pray you will also do the same. I've discovered that my attension span is pretty short, especiallly when I'm praying, so each night I stretch on the floor and repeat Bible verses I have memorized, preparing me to talk to God. Then in the "Lotus position" I learned in Yoga I come before God and just release all of my frustrations from the day, my prayer requests and praises, and just talk to Him, simply spend time with my Savior, my Jesus.
Have you ever heard the song "My Jesus" by Todd Agnew? Here's a link for it on YouTube, { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1bx3oA0eU }I recommend you listen to it, and feel free to comment on this post if it speaks to you.
The Lord God be with you,
~Simply Jen

2 comments: