Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunsets

There ain't a single thing in this world that touches my soul quite the way a sunset does. All of the golden, pink, purple, and blue hues just soul my heart, and set my soul on fire for God! Last night after chores, I climbed up to the awning roof, where I simply stood in awe of all the beauty around me-the golden clouds, the majestic blue of the sky, the glorious colors! I suddenly felt the urge to sing-to praise God. And praise I did! From the Star Spangled Banner, to Come Thou Fount, to How Great Thou Art, I praised my God with all of my heart, soul, and voice, breaking the silence around me, enjoying the peace of the farmyard and of my heart. What sets your soul on fire for God? For you it may be sunrises and sunsets, like me; or your family, friends, animals, helping others, baking, or handcrafts. Whatever it may be, I encourage you to find what sets your soul on fire for God, and I pray you will find it and embrace it with all of your being. May God bless you, and be near you always.
~Simply Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment