Friday, April 30, 2010

A Yellow Hybiscuis


When I got home from working at Leap of Faith yesterday, I was surprised by a beautiful gift in my front yard: a yellow hybiscus plant. Ever since I was a little girl, my most favorite flowers were big red hybiscuses. I couldn't pronounce the word "hybiscus" correctly when I was little, and it always came out "hot biscuits". My mom would get so confused when I told her I was going to get some "hot biscuits" from outside in the garden! I would then bring in a red hybiscus flower, and she would laugh and try to help me pronounce the name correctly.

As I've become older, I've expanded my love of hybiscuses to not only red, but any color, shade, and brand. I love all flowers and herbs, but hybiscuses always hold a special place in my heart, for whatever reason.

It meant a lot to me, realizing that when my mom was at the store, she thought of me when she saw this plant, and bought it for me, knowing how special it would be to me. This reminds me of Jesus on the cross. When he was dying, of all things to think about...he was thinking of me. Thinking of me...thinking of you...loving us all the more for it-isn't it astounding? Jesus was thinking of YOU up there on that cross, dying for YOU; He loves us, and every time I remember what He's done for me, I feel loved and special and just know...I know He has a plan for me, and will never leave me in the hard times. Just like yellow hybiscuses from Mom, Jesus gives us reminders that He loves us, and that we're always on His mind.
Love y'all!
~Simply Jen

1 comment:

  1. That's a really pretty hibiscus! I bet it was special! Have a great day! Love ya!
    -Butterfly-

    ReplyDelete