Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Breathe...Just Breathe.

      
 Daily we lift our requests up to the Father. As of late, I've been praying about relationships - with my family, my siblings, my friends, those special to me. Letting Him know what's on my heart, yet asking for His will to be done - not mine.
 
  Sometimes, I feel it's so hard to pray about the things that are most dear to me - people. Close friends. Daily, almostly constantly I'm asking God to please guide me, to show me what to do. I'm asking for His will to be done, asking for an answer..and yet I wonder when none comes. Could there be a reason?

     Today I was talking with my good friend S, and giving her some advice about a situation she had been praying about. "Sometimes, we have to be quiet long enough to listen for the answer." I realized I was not just talking to her, but to myself. God wants us to talk to Him all the time, to "pray without ceasing", lifting up our care and concerns about everything. But He also wants us to take the time to listen.
   
   He wants us to take the time to hear Him say, "Shhhhh. Jenny, it'll be okay. Just breathe, trust me. I love you more than the sunrise, more than the ocean. I love you more than you could ever imagine. I have a plan, I have it all figured out. Shhh, Jenny.  Listen to Me speak." Until we wait, until we listen, we will never find peace - we will never be at rest.
 
   Today, as you life up your cares, as you worry about what tomorrow holds, shhh. Breathe. Listen for God to speak to your heart; if you give Him the chance, He will give you rest.

Love,
   Simply Jen

2 comments:

  1. As I have recently had a lot of family issues I found that I was doing a lot of praying about it all. But then I remembered the scripture Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. God already knows what is going on exactly and even more than I do, because he sees all of our hearts. What I need to pray about is an opportunity to witness to someone. When I put the most important thing first, then God takes care of the family issues. The devil wants to keep us focused on the problems so that we won't do the most important thing. When I remembered this, the problems seemed so small, because I was truly taking my hands off it it and doing what God has told me to do. What peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precious peace you found! Thank you so much for sharing. It is wonderful to be reminded of where our hearts need to be to find that peace.
    Thank you :)
    -Simply Jen

    ReplyDelete