Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Backup Plan


Jeremiah 29:11-14
  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity."

God always has a plan.

The funny thing is, sometimes we do too. We plan our day, to-do list, sometimes our week, year - or even our life. And when everything starts to fall into place, our future headed in the planned direction, everything starts to fall apart. Boyfriend breaks up with you, college scholarship fell through, you're failing your current classes, you planned to workout but your car broke down, the list drags on and on.

What to know why I think these things happen? I'll tell ya anyways. Because even though we had that "perfect plan" for our life, we forgot the most important element - Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever - He knew you, before He even MADE you! Isn't that mind blowing? And if He knew you, before He made you, don't you think He has a perfect plan for you?

I, myself often kept caught up in planning my life that I forget to factor God back into the equation. In which case God steps in and says, "My child, what have you done? Here. Let me just "rearrange" your schedule a little bit. Let me remind you that I Am who I Am. You're going to lose a dear friend; you're going to struggle in this class; you're going to be overworked, underpaid, and look for attention from the wrong people. Until you look to Me, until you seek My Face, these are the consequences that will be given you." And when all of this happens, and I feel like I am drowning in the captivity of this world, I must turn to my Savior, I must let Him find me, and captivate my heart.

And when I finally rest in His arms, trusting that His way is the most perfect way, His timing perfect, then my life, my emotions, my spiritual frustration is put at peace. It is then that my life may move forward, and only then, that my relationship with Christ may grow.

Trust that God has a plan for you, as the prophet Jeremiah wrote. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." -Philippians 4:6.

Love,
    Simply Jen

2 comments:

  1. would you sponser a gveaway on my blog? i would feature you. Giveaways every saturday.
    You could do a 50% coupon! Let me know by saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need more information. How would that work?

    ReplyDelete