Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday





It is Sunday, and a lovely day at that. I woke up to a sky with beautiful, rain-filled clouds against a backdrop of heavenly blue; to a gentle breeze, scattering my curls across my face, and making me smile; to my animals letting me know, it is definitely time for breakfast. And now, as I munch on buttery bagels and begin to get ready for church, I can't help but feel  peace.

   
Where I live, we are stuck in the midst of a drought--and nothing could make me happier than a welcoming rain. A few areas in town received a steady downpour, and I cannot wait until it is my turn to receive such a blessing! A healing rain, that is what our world needs. A rain that will nourish the earth from its dry, cracked state, and bring us joy and hope of things to come.

   -Simply,
         Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment