Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reckless Abandon

This past year my family and I have been studying Oswald Chamber's devotional, "My Utmost for His Highest". If you follow Simply Chele's  blog, every Sunday she writes one of Oswald's devotionals. One thing that always gets me is when he talks about following God with reckless abandon-letting go of the things in this world, and pursuing Christ. I'd think, but what about this?....or that?....leave everything, and follow You?
   God's been showing me how to serve with reckless abandon. How to let go of the things I hold on to, how to trust Him 100%, how to desire after Him. These past few weeks I've been going to The Mission at my college, where I have met so many other young adults so on fire for God, that have made me want to get back to where I was with God-but better.
  Serving with reckless abandon seems so hard, not doing what I want, but seeking to know what God wants me to do. However, I've discovered that following God, abandoning the binding things of this world, has been the greatest blessing in my life. Every little thing now has a purpose, every person you meet is a treasure who needs Christ, every sunset is divine gift directly from God.
   He has been speaking to my heart, showing me where He needs to fix me, where I need to trust Him more. How do you serve with reckless abandon? Do you, dear reader, also desire after Him to show you how God can work in your life? It is my prayer that this is so.
 Blessings to all!
-Simply Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment