Monday, March 28, 2011

Moments on the Milkstand

 
This is a picture of Genesis as a baby, always a Goat Mama's little girl.

Two nights ago I was milking Lil Genesis, as last week she started producing colostrum. I'm not sure how many little babies she's going to have, but I'm thinking only one or two. Anyways, back to two nights ago.
  Mom and I had been talking about palpating, and how on the goat's right side you should be able to feel the babies. On Willow I haven't felt anything yet, but I believe she has a good handful in there. For Genesis, something special happened.
  I placed my hands under her belly, close to her udder, gently pressing my hands into her-then I felt it. A sweet baby goatie inside, giving gentle kicks! It was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced, and I felt God there with me, watching over me and my little babies.
   Some of the sweetest moments can happen on your milkstand, like feeling babies kick, enjoying a sweet breeze while singing to your doe, or simply enjoying the peaceful sensation of milking, of being near your sweet baby girls, of relaxing.
What are some sweet moments, on the milkstand or in the stall, that you've experienced?
-Simply Jen

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. I'm a servant of Jesus Christ and I like your blog so far. :) I thought I'd let you know that the Lord has really blessed me milking goats on the milking stand. Teaching me that prayers are answered "Dear Lord Jesus please keep her calm. Don't let her kick the pail." Feeling those little babies. Leaning my face into my darling's soft belly and listening to the sounds of her living - realizing that whatever someone may say, this goat loves me, never judges me, laughs at me - always accepts me just like my Jesus does, my Father, my All - just as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! Thank you for the comments :). I love those special moments on the stand, and the fact that my babies will always love me. Jesus has greatly blessed my life with "my babies", and I can't wait until He blesses me with some more. So glad to hear of your sweet moments and lovely goats, I hope you will always find joy as a Goat Mama.
    -Simply Jen

    ReplyDelete