Friday, January 28, 2011

A Time for Reflection

Farmboy has been doing great in his MMA classes, and I'm very proud of him :) Wednesday night, as SImply N'rae, Farm Mama and I went to watch him train in Muay Thai, one of the coaches invited us girls to try it out, and on Thursday night, we did. N'rae's pretty sure she wants to join; as for me, I'm confused. It's a time for reflection: what must I quit/give up in order to take these classes? Do I really have in it me to be a fighter? Is that my motivation for doing Muay Thai-to be a fighter and release emotion, or is it to prove that I, Simply Jen, can? The latter shouldn't be my motivation, but I'm not sure if I have what it takes-and am willing to sacrifice my other plans-in order to do this? Thursday nights at the barn, possibly Lifeguard training/future job, being late to 4-H meetings, not training with the shotgun club? I'm so confused! I need to spend more time in prayer over this matter, and perhaps after a few more classes I will be able to decide. However, I also don't want to let my coach down, or to lose interest.
So many choices, so much to wonder and worry about; such a Time of Reflection-a reflection of what's truly in my heart and what my motivation is.
-Simply Jen


2 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide to do, God will bless it! But it sounds like a great opportunity...and in the world we are in, it would be good to have self-defense. just something to think about! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, Thanks so much! Yes, I decided to stick with it. Coach Ali is an awesome coach, and we're all having a blast. Thanks girlie!
    Luv ya too,
    Simply Jen

    ReplyDelete